Have you ever felt caught in the routine of "just doing church”; finding yourself sucked into a cycle of church activity but not necessarily seeing spiritual growth in your life?
That can happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- At CVC, we refuse to let busyness and mechanical routines stunt our spiritual growth and detour us from pursuing a biblical standard of discipleship.
At CVC, we are passionate about inviting people to new life in Christ.
- Like a tree that goes through the progressive stage of rooting, growing, maturing and multiplying, your desire to live new in Christ will drive you to grow spiritually.
Spiritual growth is a process and is often difficult to measure.
- We have developed this assessment tool to help guide you through a self-evaluation in six critical categories of measurable discipleship, which we refer to as "Fruit of New Life"
- You can use this tool to assess yourself, someone you are discipling, or be a guide for spiritual growth between you and your LifeGroup leader.
- Use the scale to rate yourself for each question. For yes/no answers, use a 5 (yes) or 1 (no).
- 5 = Regular Rhythm
- 4 = Often
- 3 = Occasionally
- 2 = Rarely
- 1 = Never
- Be very honest and transparent. There are no right or wrong answers, only indicators of strengths and growth areas.
- If you do not understand a term or question, just skip over it and review it later with your LifeGroup leader.
- Upon completion, take note of areas you indicated a need for further growth and discuss with your LifeGroup leader steps you can take to greater develop those traits of discipleship.