As a caring community, CVC has established a Benevolence Team that exists to assist people in extreme or urgent financial need, within the parameters established by the Team and in light of God’s Word and for His Glory.
1. Cuyahoga Valley Church (CVC) members and regular attenders may apply for financial assistance through our Benevolence Ministry.
2. Requests from those not associated with CVC will be carefully considered for possible assistance.
3. CVC will consider providing assistance for the following:
* Rent/mortgage * Utilities * Phone * Counseling * Vehicle payment * Vehicle repair * Medical/Dental
4. CVC will not consider providing assistance for the following:
* Credit cards * Cable * Childcare * Legal expenses * Taxes
5. CVC will only consider requests that are short-term in nature.
6. In most cases, no more than two events will be considered in any one calendar year.
7. Repayment or services in exchange for financial assistance are not accepted.
1. Contact CVC using our Contact Form, and choose Benevolence Request Inquiry.
2. Complete a Benevolence Request Form (available at the Information Center) and attach copies of the bills/invoices. Original bills/invoices will not be accepted. Bills must be in the name of the person who is requesting assistance. Failure to provide required documents could delay the process.
3. Completed forms can be mailed or hand-delivered in an envelope addressed to:
CVC Benevolence Team
Attention: Kelly Garcia
Cuyahoga Valley Church
5055 East Wallings Road
Broadview Hts., OH 44147
4. The form will be reviewed and verified. You will then be contacted to arrange a meeting with a Benevolence Team member. If applicant is married, the husband and wife are both encouraged to attend. To avoid distractions during this meeting, we request that you arrange for childcare.
5. Processing may take at least five (5) business days from the date it is received. Incomplete forms may delay the review of your request.
6. If your request is approved, check(s) will be made payable directly to the service provider(s) and mailed from the CVC offices.
7. CVC reserves the right to decline monetary assistance based on information received either on the submitted form or during the interview.
8. You may choose to contact Love, Inc.—216.459.0405—who may be able to provide immediate or additional assistance.
9. It is your responsibility to follow up on all Benevolence Team recommendations, such as financial/budget counseling or other service organizations that may provide assistance.
10. The information you provide the Benevolence Team will be kept as confidential as possible. As your request is processed, your information may be reviewed by certain members of the CVC Staff, Pastors, Elders, and/or Leadership Team. The sole intention for any review or sharing of information is to provide compassionate assistance and guidance during your time of difficulty.