Hello CVC Family,
Ready or not, September is here! Here are a few opportunities and updates for you as we settle into this new month.
FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT
CVC Kids is hosting a family movie night on Friday, September 4. All are welcome, this is not limited to those of you with kids! Food Trucks will be onsite from 6-9 PM. The original “Mary Poppins” movie will begin showing at 8 PM. You can watch outside on the lawn or stay in your car and tune in. We hope to see you there!
CVC KIDS SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES RESUME THIS SUNDAY
We’re welcoming back our CVC Kids ages birth to fifth grade at our 9:30 and 11 AM services starting this Sunday, September 6. We need you to register so that we can prepare! You can sign up online at www.cvconline.org/regathering or using our CVC mobile app under “Sign Up.” Registration closes each week on Saturdays at midnight. For more information, please contact Denise Petek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVC YOUTH WORSHIP GATHERINGS RESUME ON SEPTEMBER 13
All CVCYouth activities including Collide, Impact, and LifeGroups will begin on Sunday, September 13. Collide (our ministry to middle school students currently starting grades 6-8) will begin meeting once again on Sunday mornings. We will, however, need to spread out between two services.
- Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth grade girls will meet during the 9:30 AM service.
- Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth grade boys will meet during the 11:00 AM service.
- We will meet in the lower level worship venue instead of 104/106. This space will give us some additional room to spread out and also allows us put up the walls to create spaces for LifeGroups.
Impact (our large-group gathering for high school students) will happen on the 2nd Sunday of every month. We are asking high school students to attend one of the morning worship services as their primary worship environment. Please watch the CVCYouth Fall 2020 Launch video to learn more. Impact LifeGroups will begin the week of September 13th. There are four LifeGroup options. Visit cvcyouth.org/impact to see where LifeGroups meet and to find contact information for the leaders in charge of these groups.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE OPTIONS
We are continuing to hold indoor worship services on Sunday mornings at 8, 9:30, and 11 AM. We need you to register because space is limited. Your registration helps us prepare and allows us to leave some room for new guests, so thank you! You can register on our Regathering page and on our CVC app. There is a new form for each week that opens on Sunday morning (for the following Sunday) and closes on Saturday at midnight.
Church on the Lawn will continue (weather permitting) at 6:30 PM throughout the month of September. Safe distancing (6′) is required between households outside. If you cannot maintain this distance, please wear a mask. If we have to cancel due to inclement weather, we’ll meet indoors instead. In that case, we’ll open up a registration form on Sunday afternoon for the evening service so that you can let us know you’ll be attending indoors.
You can also join us online at 9:30 and 11 AM on our website, on our CVC Facebook page, or using the Boxcast app on your smart TV.
We held a meeting last month for our members to discuss the acquisition of a building in Brunswick and the budget to make necessary improvements and upgrades. The following week, our members put this opportunity to a vote and the proposal passed at 93%. We are moving forward with this awesome opportunity. The campus building team will now continue to develop detailed drawings, meet with the Brunswick Hills Zoning/Building Dept to discuss plans, and obtain bids from contractors. The Campus Missionary Core Team is working in teams to develop a plan for Sunday Ministry, Community Outreach, Neighborhood Outreach, and LifeGroups.
SAFETY PROCEDURES FOR INDOOR SERVICES
We are continuing to work hard to make sure CVC is a safe and clean environment.
- Sanitizing-We are sanitizing the facility between each service, so there might be a little wait before you can enter the worship center. Thanks for your patience while this is occurring.
- Spacing-Please make sure to maintain the 6’ distancing at all times, and please keep 4 empty seats between your household and the people sitting next to you.
- Masks-We are still requiring masks for anyone age 3 and up at all times while inside the building. The mask should not be removed and should cover both your nose and mouth at all times. We’re counting on you to do your part because we care for one another.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US!
Please let us know if you need help staying connected with us. We’re here for you! You can email us at email@example.com or call our office at 440.746.0404.
The CVC Team