It’s tough raising a family in the world today. Each day has new challenges, new problems, new fears. Where do we turn for help? Parents today are bombarded with books, articles, videos and advice from countless voices telling us how to have a healthy family.
Our hope isn’t to overwhelm you with resources but to point you in the right direction in hopes you’ll find what works for your family and parenting style. When it comes to parenting, here’s a list of our favorite recommended resources.
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- The New City Catechism
Companion Children’s songs available.
- The Tech-Wise Family: Everyday Steps for Putting Technology in Its Proper Place by Andy Crouch
- Spiritual Parenting by Michelle Anthony
- The Beginner’s Bible
- The Big Picture Interactive Bible Storybook by the Gospel Project
- The Blessing by Gary Smalley and John Trent
- Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna
Companion video series available on RightNow Media.
- Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas
- Family to Family: Leaving a Lasting Legacy by Jerry Pipes and Victor Lee
- Families and Faith: How Religion is Passed Down Across Generations by Vern Bengston
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family by Paul David Tripp
- Thoughts for Young Men: An Exhortation Directed to Those in the Prime of Life by J. C. Ryle
- Tales That Tell the Truth storybooks by the Good Book Company
Titles include: The Christmas Promise by Alison Mitchell; The One O’Clock Miracle by Alison Mitchell; The Storm That Stopped by Alison Mitchell; The Garden the Curtain and the Cross by Carl Laferton
- The Ology: Ancient Truths Ever New by Marty Machowski
- Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God by Marty Machowski
- Triggers: Exchanging Parents’ Angry Reactions for Gentle Biblical Responses by Amber Lia and Wendy Speake
- www.cpyu.org – It’s a must for families with 11-19 year-olds. Walt Mueller does all the hard legwork of having a team keep up with youth culture. He gives biblical frameworks to think about what’s going on in our teens world.
- Be Prepared, Equipping Kid’s to Face Today’s World by Focus on the Family