But we were gentle among you, like a nursing mother taking care of her own children. So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us. (1 Thessalonians 2:7-8 ESV)
By the CVC Leadership Team
Ways you can Love your Neighbor and be a LifeHouse at Halloween
As Paul demonstrates in his letter to the Thessalonians, not only did his love for these people compel him to share the good news of Jesus Christ, but it drove him to share his life and fellowship with them. That’s exactly what we hope and pray for all of you out there who are gearing up to grow their LifeHouses this holiday season. What perfect way to start than on Trick-or-Treat evening? After all, it isn’t every day that your entire neighborhood takes a few hours to walk, laugh, and initiate conversation at your doorstep!
For those of you needing a few last-minute ideas, we’ve compiled a list of simple, inexpensive, yet effective ways to begin showing your neighborhood the love of Christ that lives in you:
- Move to the driveway or sidewalk area to give out candy
- Set up a fire pit and/or chairs in your driveway to give out warm beverages (cider, hot chocolate, coffee) or even food!
- Pass out glow sticks to kids
- Give out hand warmers for the evening
- Offer a few carnival games in your driveway (CVC has a few that can be borrowed on a first-come, first-serve basis by contacting CVCKids at 440.97.2261)
- Combine with members of your LifeGroup to host a neighborhood party with food, cider, candy, and games from 6-8pm tonight!
We’ll be posting further tips and resources for loving your neighbors and being a LifeHouse in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and Christmas, so be sure to keep checking back!