Dear CVC Family,
First and foremost, we need to be praying for God’s hand of grace, mercy, and healing relative to the concerns with Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As we continue to monitor this situation, we wanted to share the steps we are taking at CVC to help mitigate the spread of the virus and ensure everyone’s well-being.
CVC takes the safety of our church family very seriously. We are actively watching the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health’s (ODH) recommendations regarding measures we can take to minimize a potential outbreak.
Currently, we are not cancelling any services, classes, events or activities at CVC. Instead we want to encourage prudent behavior:
- If you feel ill, we recommend that you do not come to church. The same is true for those who are at greater risk of getting sick (older adults and those with serious chronic conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes). If any of these apply to you, we would ask that you instead watch online at www.cvconline.org. We live stream our services at 11:00am. You can also give your tithe and offering online.
- We will not be greeting with a handshake. Instead, verbally greet one another or give them an elbow bump.
- Be considerate of those around you. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or into a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands frequently (for 20 seconds) or use the hand sanitizers that are in the restrooms and throughout the building.
- Even if you are attending in person, consider giving electronically through our website or by using (or downloading) our CVC App in order to limit the handling of money and checks by you, our ushers, and our counters.
Precautions we are taking:
- Our facility staff is sanitizing high-touch areas (handrails, doorknobs, faucets, etc.) daily.
- In our CVCKids Ministry, we are:
- Wiping down with anti-bacterial wipes all handles in our classrooms at arrival and departure at each service.
- Using hand sanitizers as children enter, eat, or leave our classrooms. Hand washing with soap and water will be an option if preferred by a family.
- Continuing the practice of sanitizing toys and tables after each use.
- In all our ministries we are taking extra precautions relative to the types of activities and games in which our children are participating.
- We have placed visual reminders on the importance of hand washing and other preventative measures throughout the building.
- We have increased inventory of hand sanitizers and antiseptic soaps.
- We have postponed our March and April mission trips to Ghana and Pearl Island, and we are monitoring the situation for our other future international trips.
We will continue to monitor the situation and give you updates as necessary.
This is also a good time to share your faith in Christ given the anxiety that many are experiencing over this illness.
Most of all, we are so thankful that our God is in control!
CVC’s Executive Team
Chad Allen, Brian Howell, and Gregg Jacobsen
“…fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
“…for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” John 14:27