And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ Matthew 25:40
Ladies, Mark your calendars for April 1 and invite a friend to come to our Women’s Ministry Serve Day connecting women in service and helping those in need. We’re serving various mission organizations in the community, state, and world. One of those amazing organizations that we will be serving that day is Cornerstone of Hope.
Cornerstone of Hope, located in Independence and offers hope to those who are grieving through love, compassion, support, and education. In May of 2000 Mark and Christi Tripodi lost their three year old son tragically. They searched for help and hope nationwide. They realized then the need for bereavement care and counsel for families experiencing loss and tragedy.
In 2003, the Tripodi’s founded Cornerstone of Hope, to not only help people understand and accept their grief, but to help them move forward and embrace a life full of hope. Cornerstone of Hope offers support groups, art therapy, programs and events, and camps.
One of the many projects on Women’s Serve Day is to make knotted butterfly pillows/comfort items for the children who are grieving a loss of a family member or loved one.
Other mission organizations / projects on Women’s Serve Day are:
- Drawstring bags for the boys and girls in Ghana, El Salvador and Pearl Island.
- Making fleece blankets and knitted hats for Cleveland Pregnancy Center
- Assembling baby bottles for Cleveland Pregnancy Center
- Care packages for Care on the Square and Homeless
- Love and Hope Children’s Home
- VIP Women’s Ministry
- Soup for the “Soup and Shop” at Rahab Ministries.
- Power cards of encouragement for Youth for Christ and CVCYouth
- Cards of encouragement and sympathy for GriefShare
- Cards of encouragement for Armed Forces
- Room décor for Local Nursing Homes
We invite you to be a part of this special serve day and join the larger body of women of Cuyahoga Valley Church and our community. Get to know someone new, create, connect and bless! Consider inviting a friend or family member and join us from 9AM-12PM. Register here.
Email Leigh-Ann Brisbin.