There is no shortage of books and resources on marriage. However, there are few that deal directly with the ultimate purpose of marriage and how that purpose fuels every other area of marriage. Below are a few books and sermons that will help you dig deeper into the biblical view of marriage and gain tools for long-term covenant-keeping.
- This Momentary Marriage – John Piper
- Also, check out the sermon series that led to the book – Marriage, Christ, and Covenant: One Flesh for the Glory of God
- The Meaning of Marriage – Tim Keller
- No Ordinary Marriage – Tim Savage
- Marriage and the Mystery of the Gospel – Ray Ortlund
Also, this story illustrates well what I spoke about in my sermon – that marriage is ultimately about showing the world what God’s love is like. It is worth your time and attention.
[vimeo 88485530 w=640 h=360]